Saturday, February 11, 2012

Green

Green is the accent color in my bathroom. A nice, bright lime/apple green. Green is also what covers the walls of my living room. A relaxing, pale and creamy moss green.

Green reminds me of nature... Green is a peaceful color. Not that nature is always that peaceful, mind you.

"The word green is closely related to the Old English verb growan, "to grow". (wiki)

I like to think that I grow a little each day. Life is a journey through which one learns every single day from birth to death. Physical growth may halt, but knowledge and experience will grow to the day one turns their last page and closes their eyes for the last time.

To me, green is the color of hope. I hope for a lot of things. I have huge hopes for little things, and little hope for huge things. Go figure... but I also have deep hope for deep things; things that mean the world to me. Hope is the last thing that dies out in a person's dream.

Life is of many colors... but perhaps even more importantly, life is of many shades. Happy is not just happy. Happy can be a little happy, or a lot happy. It can be genuine, or a tactic to cover another color - sad, for instance, which is also of many shades...

You get the point.

I like green. Every shade of it. 

I'm not much of a writer. Well, I actually can be, but I'm also a very talented "select-all and delete" person. I second guess my thoughts and end up keeping my writings well protected in a corner of my heart. 

I shall attempt to reconnect with my inner journal and print it out here on these pages. 



No comments:

Post a Comment