Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sweet Craft

A couple of years ago, I watched a few episodes of a bakery show, where they specialize on cake decoration. I was amazed by the infinite possibilities and wondered how on earth it was possible to create such fabulous cakes with only edible ingredients. Even more so, I wondered how people ever found the courage to destroy those breath-taking creations and eat them!

As I said, this was a few years ago, and with the then imminent overseas move, I left my new found cake interest aside and focused on getting myself to Denmark and start my new life.

Until now, that is. :) 

Ok... I can't say I decorated anything today, but I did make fondant for the first time, following this incredibly easy recipe: http://goo.gl/TEFny

It really did not take very long to prepare the fondant, and I found that the "dough" it creates was quite easy and fun to work with, even though about half way through the project, I realized I didn't actually have food colouring, so my result remained white for now. Thankfully, I can store it in the refrigerator for a good while until I use it.

All I need now (besides the food colouring, of course), is a good excuse to bake a cake, and an occasion to inspire the decoration! Then, hopefully I'll have interesting pictures to share with you guys next time I bring the subject up.

Does anyone have a birthday soon? heehee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment