Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Plant Needs Help

Last year, I got a small plant (Euonymus Fortui - Emerald gaity) and set it on the windowsill in my kitchen. (Facint north-west). It was doing fine for a long time and was even growing... But lately, it started looking very sad. :( It lost a lot of leaves and the leaves that are still hanging do not have the nice colors they should have.


I'm not that knowledgeable in how to take care of plants and how to fix these kind of problems, so I just went with what I thought might help. I noticed that its roots were coming out the bottom, which told me maybe it's feeling tight in its pot by now?


So I repotted it into a bigger home. Then, to give it more of a chance, I gave it a "haircut" by trimming naked stems down and trimming the biggest stem so that energy would go more equally around the plant, if that makes any sense?


I'm looking forward to seeing if this helped at all. However, I can say that this was 2 days ago, and today I already see beginning of new leaves on the tip of the stems I cut down! Hopefully this is a good sign. :)

Any advice? Did I do the right thing? What should I do different next time? 

Good luck little plant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment